The Packing House is NOT open to the public, but folks should be encouraged to stroll by to look at the rusting artifacts from island farm land and examples of early island transportation. The building contains items not on display, archiving materials, and some supplies.
- The Packing House is a newly built structure based on pictures of the Gibsons’ packing house and the remains of one found in the Wulfert area.
- The buggy, or surrey-with-the-fringe-on-top, is similar to one bought by Frank, Ernest, and Harry Bailey for their mother from Reverend George Fitzhugh shortly before 1900.
- The wagon represents the most common land transportation. The old sand roads showed three ruts: the outside ruts were from wheels, the inside from the mule doing the work.
- The 1926 Model T truck is the actual one purchased by the Bailey brothers for use by the store. Brother John generously gave it to the museum from his farm in Jacksonville. It was restored using parts from another truck.